The dream of Italy

For a long time I have dreamt of moving to Italy, learn the language properly, enjoy the sun and a the culture.
But all the time I end up doing something different, mostly something American.

I started to dream of Italy when I first met my friend Maria Giulia, during a holiday in France. We became pen-pals and in my second year of collage(high school) my whole Italian class and me went to visit her and her friends in beautiful Belluno. Amazing. After that I started to dream of living in Italy. The problem was I never worked out what I should be doing there. And then my other dreams of the big country in the west, the U.S., got in the way. So I didn't move to Italy, I forgot most of my Italian and I almost forgot about the dream.

But yesterday I saw this movie, where they lived in Tuscany, and I remember my dream. I realised I can still do it if I want. So maybe I will. Maybe I won't.

But the dream of sunny Italy is kind of nice to have.

Comments

CM said…
Det är knepigt det där, vad man ska göra i Italien FÖRUTOM att njuta av allt som är underbart där. Det bästa vore ju om man kunde satsa på det på heltid, men så kan man väl inte göra? :) Fina minnen från Belluno, men det känns som ett helt liv sen.
Newemelia said…
Precis. Bellunoresan känns avlägset...
Förresten, vad gör du nu när du lämnat huvudstaden åt sitt öde?

Popular posts from this blog

With His hand in mine

back in town

Fyra år